Grateful for Miles

"You have no idea what your legacy will be. Your legacy is every life that you've touched. -- We like to think that these great philanthropic moments are the ones that leave the impact or will make the huge difference in the world, but it's really what you do every day. It's how you use your life to be a light to somebody else," Oprah paraphrases Maya Angelo in this clip.

Your life and actions matter so much more than you will probably ever come to know. 

Image: pixabay.com

Today's gratitude challenge is asking who family member or a friend I'm grateful for. I did something very similar on Facebook the other day, tagging a couple of family members and friends to tell them how in particular they've affected my life. I chose the kind of things that people might not have realized they've been my role models in. However, I only chose a few people for that and I possibly could've come up a thing or two out of almost all the people on my friends' list.

But the closest to me, I couldn't even tag as they aren't on Facebook, so this one goes out to my husband, Miles:

I was 21 when you and I got together. So very young and somewhat clueless, now that I'm looking back. I'm now 32 and I know you've help me to understand myself better more than anyone. You have been patient, understanding, calming, and the voice of reason during these years. You've made me a want to be a better person and therefore my life so much better. Ultimately you made me a mom, which I'm most grateful for you.

This is your legacy to me, and I know you've affected so many other lives along your way too. Thank you for being you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

I heart enough

Icy rain reveals personality