My five pet peeves

I did a similar writing challenge in February. Back then I had to write down my top three pet peeves, which were 1) People who feel the need to fall into the role of a victim, 2) Chewing with mouth open and 3) Narrating what I'm doing when I'm already doing something.

Now it's time to write about five more pet peeves, which is turning up to be a challenge, since even for those three I really had to dig deep, but here goes:

1) Complaining for the joy of complaining. If you complain, I'll try to figure out how I could be helping you out, or what might be a solution to your problem. It's just an idea and means nothing else than "please, it's not the end of the world". Although complaining can be fun, mostly it's exhausting for both the listener AND the one who's doing the complaining. I fall for this occasionally too, so it's only understandable sometimes, as long as it's not a way of life.

Funnily enough, pet peeves are all more or less about complaining, so...

Image: pixabay.com


2) Clowns. Who even likes clowns? And why do we continue to have things like Clini Clowns? It's one of those things we'll roll our eyes at 20 years from now the same way we now find it appalling that people used to tell horrible bedtime stories to little children and scare them to become traumatized adults.

3) Contradicting yourself and denying you're doing so. Take Trump for example. He'll say one thing and then in the next sentence denies ever having said anything like that. Unfortunately, there are also people in real life who do this. It makes a proper conversation very frustrating.

4) People who say one thing, but actually mean another. Luckily not a lot of people do this, but there are some people who do this a lot. Sometimes it takes a while to catch up with how "brilliant" actually means "that's stupid" or how "that's incredible" actually means "that's stupid" etc. This is different than sarcasm, which is easy to spot. This is passive-aggressive and as such I avoid it when I spot it. It's perfectly fine to disagree with me and as a matter of fact I welcome any good points of views, as long as they're well argued.

5) Posing always the same way. It's not really a pet peeve, but I'm running out of things to find super irritating and this is one of those things that sometimes I wonder why people do this. Do they think they look good only from one angle? Or are they finding their own face familiar only from a particular angle? So many questions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

I heart enough

Icy rain reveals personality