Day 10, 11 & 12 decluttering clothing and accessories

These are the last three days of going through anything related to clothes or getting dressed.

Day 10: underwear drawer

The things you think are easy to go through... yet it's the day that will confront you about your body the most. Nothing makes you question your body more than having to ponder through your underwear what you wear and why not. However, in the end I was left with a neatly folded and organized pile of underwear and pajamas and anything that I wasn't comfortable wearing got kicked out. Now all of it is stuff I love and feel happy in, so in this way also what originally seemed like a simple thing to organize, turned out to be confronting AND liberating!


Image: pixabay.com


Day 11: accessories

I'm not really sure what accessories all hold in. Belts, hats and that sort of stuff I guess. I moved most of our winter hats away from our hallway basket and moved in some summer hats. I hope I'm not too optimistic about the weather though. Kids got excited about their summer caps and after washing I ended up putting some of the winter stuff to donations. I had one belt, I kept one belt. Husband got rid off his plasticy Grolsch sunhat (finally!) and I gave up a few scarfs.

Day 12: shoes

I actually did this already a few weeks ago when I was looking for a particular pair of shoes, so today I only had to ask my husband about a few pairs of shoes he owns and after we found the right boxes for them, the task was done.


Image: pixabay.com

I feel like the clothes in general have been so far the biggest thing to clear up. It took a lot of time, but it's nice to know that everything I have in my closets and drawers now are things I really like wearing. Never again shall I wear something uncomfortable only because finding something nice to wear was too much of a task.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

I heart enough

Icy rain reveals personality