Day 5: Medicine - medicout

Apparently pollen allergy is good for something. Last month when I started to get the first symptoms of pollen allergy, I went through our medicine box only to find out my allergy medicine had expired. While going through the box, I cleared out what seemed to be expired as well, so that made my job today a lot easier.

On the left: before shot of the medicine box.
Top right: after shot of the medicine box.
Bottom right: empty packaging materials.

I wiped the medicine box that had collected a lot of dust. It's on top of a shelf in the kitchen, so the kids can't reach it and it gets very dusty up there. I took everything out of the box, read each expiration date and moved the old ones out.

I also took my tiny medicine box out of my purse to make sure all of those pieces were up to date - and some of them weren't. I carry this first-aid kit with a few band-aids, pain medication, allergy medication and tick tweezers with me at all times. The tweezers were a gift from the NHS during our visit to Scotland last summer when we had to pay a visit to the local hospital there...

Top left: my tiny little portable medicine box.
Bottom left: almost everything I put in afterwards. (Kids' paracetamol in two strengths and three different ways, adult paracetamol and allergy medicine + the obvious band-aids and tick tweezers.)
Top right: before shot of the medicine box.
Bottom right: after shot of the medicine box.

For the rest, I have now an ever growing pile of expired or old medicine I should get rid off. I tried taking some of it back to the pharmacy in February, but they told me they are temporarily not allowed to take it and I need to bring it to the recycling center, Avalex, outskirts of the city. Needless to say, I have yet to do it, but I guess eventually the decluttering challenge needs to end up with me actually moving all that stuff out of the house wherever they belong next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

I heart enough

Icy rain reveals personality