Day 6 & 7: Two birds with one stone

Yesterday's declutter challenge was to go through makeup and skin care items and today's challenge was jewelry stash. I decided to do two birds with one stone, because both of them are very easily done.

I read this week that if you say you only use very little makeup, it makes you a misogynist, because apparently it belittles those who use more makeup. I stated this exact thing only a while ago, so I guess that makes me a misogynist. Although, let me be clear, I don't think there's anything wrong with using lots of makeup and enjoying the artistry of makeup. It's just not for me. The reason I use very little is because I don't know how to use it properly!



For the photo I was scraping things together, so it includes my hand-cream as well, since it's a skin care product. I don't know if I should admit this publicly, but I "take care of my skin" by washing it in the shower. I have zero products to apply directly to the skin. I just never really got the hang of them, so I always thought as long as I'm happy, I don't need to invest my time and money on something I don't ultimately feel I need.

For the jewelry I really had to think. I have two rings; an engagement and a wedding ring. In 2011 our house was burgled while we were at the grocery store and among two laptops, sonogram photos and a purse, the thieves took my jewelry box as well. The jokes on them though: most of those things had emotional value at best. Ever since I haven't bought more jewelry.

I used to have piercings in my ears and on my nose, but all of those I stopped using before I was 13 years old. The nose didn't do well, because I used the a cheap piercing on it and it started to get infected. As a scared pre-teen I removed the whole thing and never looked back. Possibly because I don't have piercings these days, I also don't have a proper jewelry box, either. Necklaces I never wore and for the wrist I have a watch, which is always with me, not stashed in a box somewhere.

As stated before, these two daily decluttering challenges were super easy. Although I'm wondering whether they should've included cleaning the closet in our bathroom that is full of dental products, soaps, shampoos etc... It just didn't fit the criteria, so I guess that's a challenge for another day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

I heart enough

Icy rain reveals personality