April Declutter Challenge - Day 1: Fridge before and after

In the fourth month I move onto my fourth monthly challenge of the year. If last month was physical, so is this month, because I'm basically going to clean the whole house including every nook and cranny.


On the first day of the month my job was to clean the fridge. Good thing our refrigerator is so small that we cannot store anything we don't use for too long - or so I thought. At the back of the top shelf I found a jar of opened jalopenos that had started to mold. I also threw out a mustard that expired in 2016, but most of all I simply took each shelf and drawer out and gave them a good bath.

Normally I just wipe the shelves if I notice they are getting sticky or not looking clean. Sometimes I even manage to ignore this for quite a while. This time I really scrubbed the entire refrigerator well and even changed some of the ways I've been sorting things in there. Now the small condiments fit nicer on the door instead of being hidden all the way at the top shelf.

I was a little unsure if I dared to show all the world the before and after shots of the fridge, but what the heck...

We have about 2,5kg of cheese in our fridge. Yeah, that's right.

In the picture you can't visibly see it's cleaner (it's only visibly decluttered), but at least everyone in our family who looked in the fridge today after it was being cleaned were surprised how cool it looked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

I heart enough

Icy rain reveals personality