Need 17 opened tissue paper packs? I've got you covered!

It has been over two weeks of this challenge and yes, I am getting slightly fed up cleaning something extra every day. It's hard enough to keep up with the basic necessities, let alone adding an extra task to every day. However, this time I was lucky, because two of the subjects don't really apply to us, so I could take it a bit easier on those days.

Day 13 challenge was to clear up that drawer everyone's got in their house, a junk drawer. We have this one in our dining area and we put stuff in this drawer that we sort of need at hand occasionally at least, but not all too often. Yet the junk is odd enough that it doesn't really fit anywhere else, thus it all collects at the bottom of this drawer.

Image: pixabay.com

Our junk drawer had for example the following:
- Batteries (both unpacked and drained)
- Bike lights (red ones and white ones)
- Small screw drivers
- Low quality sandwich bags that sometimes come in handy for something else than sandwiches
- 3 packs of play cards
- Ribbon
- 5 rolls of tape
- Small amounts of various currencies (e.g. US dollars, British pounds, Polish zlotys)
- Rubber bands
- 17 packs of opened tissue paper packs and 2 packs of unopened tissue paper. Now I know where we always jam them...
- Old passports
- Two unopened packs of water balloons
- Dryed up glue
- Tape measure
- Matches
- Key hangers

I simply moved all of it on the kitchen table, threw anything in the trash that was broken, donated what could still be useful for someone else and put back the things that we need at one point anyway. It remains a junk drawer, but an organized one for that matter. The amount of tissue paper was so overwhelming that I actually made a spot for it in another drawer.

It remains a junk drawer, but an organized one for that matter.

Day 14 was super easy, because the subject of this was garage, which we don't have. So up yours list made for extreme materialists! But to be fair, because I couldn't do this, I did go through on top of our kitchen shelves and one other shelf, just so I would feel I'm doing something to move towards my goal of organizing the house entirely within a month.

Day 15 was also easy, because the subject of this was car, which we do have, but which we don't use and which we should sell. It does need cleaning, but because we haven't driven it long enough, there's a high probability that the battery doesn't have enough power to open the doors (and I pretend not to know you can open the doors just with the key, but we were also gone the entire day today, so it's not like I could've cleaned it once we got back home in the dark, either), so I was locked out of this one for now. Next week's challenge is to recharge the battery so I can clean it up properly.

Tomorrow's challenge is deck, which I take means back yard in our case. Outdoors it is! Finally some fresh air amidst my challenges!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

I heart enough

Icy rain reveals personality