Grateful for my body

My belly is happy, for I just had lunch. It's really hot today - I should've worn lighter shoes, but my body is regulating itself nicely. My body is using senses to code my surroundings: what I feel, see, smell and hear. My ears are located on two sides, which makes it possible for me to pinpoint the direction a sound is coming from. I've got two eyes to make sure I see things like depth. Our bodies are so amazing thanks to evolution wanting to keep us alive and kicking.

And while I do all that, my autonomic nervous system takes care of the primary functions of my body: it makes sure I keep on breathing, that my heart keeps on beating, it regulates my temperature, blood pressure, digestive system and any other body function that happens without my decision, but that is essential to keep me going.

Image: pixabay.com
No matter if I'm awake or asleep, my brain is always aware, processing information. That's how a fire alarm wakes you up in the middle of the night even from your deepest sleep. I'm able to learn new things if I keep on insisting long enough. If I put enough hours, I'll strengthen the connection between the synapses in my brain. If I'm determined enough, certain things become muscle memory.

Right now my fingers are dancing on the keyboard. They are coordinating with my brain, although I'm not thinking about my fingers when I type. Enough hours practicing the touch typing to create a muscle memory to know where exactly my fingers find the right buttons. Muscle memory on typing means I can easier switch my keyboard between languages by thinking I'll switch it rather than thinking how to switch it.

Image: pixabay.com
This body has grown and nurtured three little children and it still offers a safe haven to them when they need recharging and a cuddle. This body did not only turn food into babies, but it made sure those babies turned into walking, talking, thinking systems themselves.

My heart has known many things in this life to be right, my head has argued over many things. My mouth has brought me trouble and saved me from it. My skin, my largest organ, has been kind to me over the years. My hair is radiant, my teeth are good, too. Just to name a few! The electricity running through my body keeps me in this moment. In general my body is strong and takes me where I want to go.

And yet it's all just a vehicle, but a precious one indeed. It's all I have in this life to take me forward and to make me do things my consciousness needs to experience. For this reason I'm extremely grateful for my body.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

I heart enough

Icy rain reveals personality