Should I say it out loud or leave it unsaid?
Swallowing words, holding tongue, repression.
Mature people don't express the negative, they said.
But I'm starting to worry it leads to mass depression.

Brilliant stands for you're stupid, I love it for I hate it.
Empty words, twisted mouths, a round of applause.
Challenging thinking with like-minded, don't debate it,
for if you stand out, you'll be left in a crowd isolated.

Choose an unpaved direction and no one goes along.
Those who repeat the old; held up high, celebrated.
At best case scenario die as Van Gogh; brilliant, alone.
Life seems to lead nowhere, but fucking frustrated.

But I'm done with caring, swallowing, agreeing.
The bite marks on my tongue will now scar: I'm talking.
The thunder has started to rumble deep in my being,
no more suppressed breath, the chains are unlocking.

Image: pixabay.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I heart enough

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

Icy rain reveals personality