Grateful for the sense of taste

Smoked salmon on freshly baked rye bread.
New harvest potatoes with dill and butter.
Emmental, mozzarella, Leerdammer.
Just hand me already the cheese cutter!

Fridge cold dry white wine.
Thai green curry chicken with potatoes.
First bite of a proper pizza alla cipolla.
Spanish omelette with big, plum tomatoes.

Watermelon, red grapes, sweet apple.
Asparagus risotto with Parmesan cheese.
Ice-cold fruit smoothies with a thick straw.
My mouth's already watering, please!

Strawberry-spinach salad with balsamic vinegar.
Blueberries and chanterelles from the forest I know.
Chocolate and ice cream, maple syrup.
Fresh yeast to make cardamom bread dough.

Lasagna and mozzarella.
Proper hot dogs with good mustard.
Cinnamon buns with vanilla.
Scones with blackberry jam and lemon custard.

Basil and roasted pine nuts.
Frosty beer from the tap served from a proper jug.
Grilled bell pepper and mushrooms.
Tea with honey served in my favorite mug.

Carrot cake with vanilla-cream cheese frosting.
Cheeseburger with caramelized onions and cheddar.
Cilantro, red onion, guacamole.
I hardly think things could be getting any better.

But then there's the Chilean empanadas with pebre.
Churros I had once, I always crave for more.
Taco salad with big chunks of pineapple and salsa.
These, to name a few, are the tastes I'm grateful for.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I heart enough

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

Icy rain reveals personality