Day 14: Instant motivation

I have grown accustomed to take one of my kids with me for an evening walk, but today it was already past their bedtime, so I put on my sneakers and hopped out the door. I was listening to a very motivating speech the entire way I was walking and by the time I was turning back home, I saw a woman running on the other side of the street.

Instant motivation.

I stopped myself to think about the choice further and simply started running.

The headphones in my ears I was still concentrating on the talk. I did not think about the fact that I was running. The moment I started to pay attention, I realized I was getting out of breath. But the masochist that I am, I chose the next lamppost where I needed to get before allowing myself to stop. Even though when choosing the lamppost, I knew I was lying to myself, because at the back of my mind I knew I was going to change the goal to the next lamppost and then to the next and next, until I just couldn't run further.

That's exactly what I did. I ran a half a kilometer. I know for anyone interested in my flat abs challenge, running a half a kilometer is something they could probably do eyes closed, backwards and on their hands, but for me it was GREAT! And it made the steps disappear a lot faster, too. Win-win!

Image: pixabay.com

I think I might start to go out for an evening walk much more often past the kids' bedtime...

Steps: 13 742

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I heart enough

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

Icy rain reveals personality