Day 17: 17 046 steps with zero extra effort

It's the flu time of the year. My husband took a rare day off from work. He has fever for the first time ever since we've been together. Not bad to have fever only once in ten years, I'd say.

Anyway, I obviously have also taken care of his part of house duties today, which means it's not even 9pm as I write this, but I've already reached my goal and gone way overboard without having to go for a walk. On top of the walking, I have been responsible with getting kids to school and back and all that comes with it. On normal days his job is to get the kids to school in the morning.

Image: pixabay.com

At 8:00 I cycled to school with all three kids. Dropped two off there.
At 8:30 I cycled to playschool with my youngest. Dropped him off there.
At 8:45 Going to the supermarket and buy medicine for husband.
At 9:30 I was back home. Quickly cleaning the kitchen, putting some laundry on, wiping the tables, folding laundry.
At 11:00 Going to pick up my son from playschool.
At 11:30 We're back home. I leave him with my husband.
At 11:45 A quick trip to supermarket to buy what I went to buy in the first place (but forgot).
At 12:00 At school picking up the two for lunch.
At 12:20 Back home. Lunch.
At 13:00 Bringing the two back to school.
At 13:25 I'm back home. Coffee break.
At 13:55 I have to go again to school.
At 14:15 My son's class is singing a song for all parents. I watch the entire show until 14:45 after which I wait at school yard for the day to finish.
At 15:05 I pick up my kids and head straight on to talk to the teacher who's going to be teaching my youngest one from April on.
At 15:30 We're done with the talk and cycle home.

After this the real housework began. The cooking, the dishes, the laundry and tidying up. Nonetheless, without adding anything to the mix I got my steps done easily. All 17 046 of them to be precise.

Last night the exercises were really getting to me. I had to take a break, my back was aching, I was tired. I must say the exercises where I need to use my back muscles, such as the leg lifts and reversed crunches, really do hurt my back quite a bit. Luckily I'm still pushing through though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I heart enough

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

Icy rain reveals personality