Day 1 of the flat abs challenge

So it's March and a time for me to dive into the first physical challenge of the year. I found a list of exercises on Pinterest to get flat abs. I am aware I won't automatically have a flat stomach at the end of this, but all little bits help to start gaining back the control over my own body.

Because the exercising time is only a few minutes a day, I am also aiming to do a minimum of 13 000 steps a day and I'm drinking a minimum of two liters of water a day.

Today's flat abs exercises were:
5 x Roll-Ups
5 x Ankle Reaches
5 x Leg Lifts

It took me a minute, but even though the first day was easy, I know at one point of the month pain might be present.

Drinking water was the easy part today and steps was the hard part. My husband had a regular day at work today and I was home with the kid as they have a spring holiday week from school. I cycled about six kilometers with my kids in the morning and by the time we got home around 2 pm, I had done around 3000 steps. Good thing cycling means nothing to my step collector... It also doesn't count the steps if I push a stroller or hold someone's hand, an umbrella, a bag etc.

Once my husband got home from work, we had dinner and because I had to do some writing AND gain some steps, I walked to a hotel lobby a few kilometers from our house with the laptop in my bag. Then I walked to someone's house to pick up some cilantro as I had earlier agreed and then I walked home. But by the time I got home, I only had around 11 000 steps in my counter. So I dropped off my bags and headed back into the rain until I had reached the needed 13 000. At the end of the day my number of steps was 13 766, so I was scraping it, but did it anyway! Hurrah!


Last night when I was telling my husband about my March challenge, he said if I reach my steps each day, he'll massage my back ten minutes every evening before going to bed. "If I'm already sleeping, you can wake me up to massage you," he said. I almost lolled, because as sweet as that promise may be, most of the time when I'm ready to go to bed, he has been sleeping for a good few hours and is really difficult to wake up. We'll see...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I heart enough

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

Icy rain reveals personality