Day 12: Frustration

It's one of those days. Everyone else went to bed relatively early, so I figured I'd have all the time in the world. I ended up contemplating the meaning of life, until I couldn't procrastinate any longer. Ten minutes to midnight I finally decided to begin my exercises.

Thankfully I'm a little bit more calculative with the steps, so I don't need to go running around in the middle of the night.

I'm currently feeling really silly about this challenge. So far four of my friends have told me face to face they've been following my progress on social media. Some of them have been measuring their steps beforehand, some have been inspired to start measuring more now, but everyone finds my target easy to reach without having to work on it in particular. It's true I get there sometimes as well without extra efforts, but most days I need to make a conscious decision of going out for a walk. To me all of this just translates as once again I've found something others are, as usual, natural ass kickers and I'm not.

Today my daughter went for a walk with me and she wanted to hold my hand. I had to remind her constantly to hold my right hand, just so I could record the steps. I was thinking what the point of this all was, when I even had to calculate on which side my kid needs to walk. Then there are moments when two children want to hold my hands and because I have my priorities straight, in those moments I don't give a crap about my steps. The truth is you cannot be an inactive mom of three kids all under ten. Somehow though according to my watch I am just that.

So yes, it's one of those days I wish I could've stripped the watch off of my wrist and literally step on it all those 13 778 times...

Image: pixabay.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I heart enough

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

Icy rain reveals personality