Day 9: Fibonacci broccoli got my attention


Thursdays are my lazy mornings. My youngest one doesn't go to playschool and the other two need to be picked up only in the afternoon. Daughter has a dance class later in the evening, but ever since she moved to the group of advanced breakdancers, her lesson starts late enough to take it easy.

Because it was turning out to be a very relaxed day, I decided to add some action to the morning. My son was helping me with cleaning up the master bedroom and together with me he moved the bed under the ceiling window (he sat on the bed while yelling commands at me). This activity alone, cleaning up, vacuuming, moving books and toys around, was enough to grant me a lot of steps.

By the time I brought my daughter to her dance lesson, I still needed to gain some, so I decided to use the hour of freedom to walk around the beautiful city center. I walked along the Prinsenhof, which is a historical site in Delft. I strolled through the small arcs of the Old Church and when I was passing an organic vegetable and fruit store, I got my eye on a beauty. There it was, romanesco broccoli also known as the fibonacci broccoli for its natural formation of a fractal. I chose the one I was pleased with and walked indoors to pay for it. I told the teller I wasn't planning on buying one, but it was just so beautiful. So tomorrow we're having pasta al broccolo romanesco.

During the day when I was presented with a choice of an elevator or the stairs, I automatically chose the stairs just to gain my necessary steps. This choice made me realize that if anything, these goals can guide to better choices in daily habits, which to be honest, is a lot more than I expected of the challenge.

As lazy as I was hoping the day shaping up to be, it wasn't. Steps were easy, so were the exercises, but somehow I just can't take it too easy; apparently I need to move a bed that weighs a ton to feel I've accomplished something.

Steps: 15 123
Activity: Cleaning master bedroom - keeping downstairs organized - bringing daughter to breakdance class - walking around the center

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I heart enough

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

Icy rain reveals personality