Day 8: Busy day and then some

The morning was very rainy. So rainy, actually, that when I cycled to school to pick up my kids, the rain literally soaked through my rain pants. Kids were loving the weather and the puddles, but I was cold and soaked by the time it was noon.

A change of clothing and lunch later we traveled to our dentist for a check-up. It was the first time since my pregnancies that my dentist said I was being a boring patient since he could not complain about anything. I had my boys very close to each other (17 months) and this period of my life was very hard on my gums, as it sometimes happens. Now that my youngest is nearly four, I have officially kicked those troubles buh-bye. It was the best teeth-related news I could've asked for.

After the appointment we went to the dentist's house, which also happens to be the home of my sister-in-law and we had dinner with them. The evening went on and by the time we were getting back home, it was already nearly nine o'clock. The kids were overly tired, going every which direction. My husband's bike was locked up close to the store and I still needed to gain 1500 steps, so out the door I went.

I walked by my friend's house, who is having a baby any day now. Did not see any decorations on the window to indicate an arrival. After that I walked on and saw an accident that had just taken place a minute earlier; three cars had bumped into each other. Someone had ignored a yield traffic sign. It was the second accident scene I had seen in two days. Pretty strange considering you don't luckily see those very often at all. Then I walked by a place I had lately wondered about, whether it was a cafe or something else, but it was closed and had no explanation on the window, so my questions weren't answered. By the time I reached my husband's bike I was over 13 000 steps and could just hop on it.

Because my husband is almost 20 cm taller than I am, his bike is quite big for me. I felt I needed a top hat and a tuxedo so I could pretend to be one of those French men on a high wheel bike. Lucky for me, it had stopped raining before returning to home, so this time I was only feeling French, cold, but not soaked anymore.

This type of a bike is called a penny-farthing and it was invented by a Frenchman.


Steps: 13 582
Feeling: so very very tired

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I heart enough

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

Icy rain reveals personality