Day 29: Dog sitting

For the longest time I have been afraid of dogs. Something went downhill when I was young, a dog bit me and knocked me down by jumping on me and ever since I've been very vary about dogs, especially big ones.

We're currently dog sitting my sister-in-law's dog Morris. We are one of his regular holiday destinations and this is now possibly fifth or sixth time he's spending time in our house as a guest. He's the first dog I've ever let get so close to me and he has helped me tremendously to get over my fear. That, and the fact that these days I'm more assertive than before, which is something (at least some) dogs seem to respond to very well.

That a light spring in his step is soooo adorable!
I've noticed the moment Morris arrives to our house, it takes only a few hours and he'll start gravitating towards to me. I don't need to do anything special, he'll just follow me. If I'm doing something in the kitchen, he'll join me by lying on the carpet there. When I'm in the living room, he'll find a space somewhere close enough for me to scratch him. (That is if I decided to do so - I guess he's taking all his chances!) Right at this very moment he's lying on my feet and snoring so loud I have hard time hearing my own thoughts. Haha.

So no better time for dog sitting than a month when I'm seeking to increase the daily amount of steps. Today I didn't have to add any extra, again, because all the work around the house, kids, their hobbies and the dog were enough to get me over my target.

When I was doing the exercises though, Morris decided to join me. First he laid down so close to my face I had his fur all over my cheek. Yum! I said to him he's a tad too close and literally moved him further. He didn't mind as he just made himself into another roll and put his head on top of his paws while looking at me.

When I was almost done, he curled up right next to me again. It's been a long way to get so comfortable in the presence of a dog that I actually laugh at the dog of what a silly billy he's being, but as it turns out, I've arrived.

He's helping me with my exercises, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I heart enough

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

Icy rain reveals personality