Day 6: Uninspired

Today I've felt more uninspired by this whole flat abs challenge and a step challenge than any other day. I had to force myself out the door and I had to do my exercises five minutes to midnight, because I nearly managed to forget about them.

It was a busy day. Kids went back to school today and my mom flew back to Finland today. Once we got my mom to the airport and got ourselves back home, I was already ready to crawl into bed. Somehow though, as usual, a lot of things happened in the evening and I only got around to my exercising time just before actually going to bed.

The uninspiring days really measure how serious I am with these challenges. But at the same time giving up now, seeing how far I've come, doing something pre-planned EVERY.DAY.THIS.YEAR has been exceptional for me, so in that light giving up felt really silly.

The subject might be something that just doesn't speak to me enough. Ever since I've become a mom, I've had hard time figuring out how to be active enough. It's not something I naturally learned as a child and teaching yourself something so fundamental as an adult is challenging, to be frank. It's my job to help myself and be a better example for my own children.

So far I could sum up my fitness wisdom to these gems:
- Finish what you start.
- Sometimes it sucks, but giving up sucks more.
- Be the example you would've needed.

Photo from my personal archives from autumn 2015.
Steps: 13339
Kilometers on the bike: about 15
Been to: school - playschool - store - home - another store - playschool - home - school - railway station - airport - railway station - home - evening walk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I heart enough

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

Icy rain reveals personality