Day 2: Deliberately changing some habits

Today I started deliberately changing some of my habits to avoid the whole having to walk circles in the evening. My mom arrived from Finland and my husband and kids took the train to pick her up from the airport. I stayed home to make dinner ready and to give the floor one last vacuum.

Once I was done, I put shoes on and walked out the door. Normally I would just hop on my bike and cycle whenever I could, but this time I was determined to get the steps done.

Because I had plenty of time to reach the station before my family would arrive there from another direction, I took the scenic center route. I kept track on my steps and made sure not to take every shortcut I'd normally do.

By the time I had picked up my family and my mom from the station on foot and walked back home, I was already way past my goal. In the end at ten o'clock in the evening my step counter had a good amount: 16 865 steps.


Delft station.

The flat abs exercises I did already at noon. My kids were watching and once I was done, they asked me to teach them as well. So they are now doing it, too.

Water was easy to gulp down. It's funny how I struggled so much with drinking enough water throughout February when it wasn't a "challenge" and picking it up again has proven very easy. I really need to keep on doing this water challenge as long as it takes for me to learn the habit.


The things you see at the Delft bike parking facility.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I heart enough

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

Icy rain reveals personality