Day 3: Evening walk with mysterious Miles

By the time I sit down to write this, I've done my ab exercises and I've done my steps, 17 155 of them to be exact. Again I was risking of falling short in the evening, although I spent the day mostly in the center with my mom and my daughter. But we went there by bike and it took a lion's share of what could've been the steps needed to fulfill my 13 000 daily step goal.

My legs are starting to remind me of their existence, so I definitely feel their presence now better than before. Abs are feeling about the same. They are not aching, but simply telling me they have acknowledged I have remembered them after such a long time of ignoring them.

After the day my mom, who is currently visiting us, was tired from walking so much and my kids wanted to stick around the house as well, so I asked my husband, Miles, to join me for an evening walk. At that point I was about 3500 steps short of my goal. To my surprise he agreed.

We set a destination in the center and walked there. By the time we got there, we thought about something else we wanted to see, so we took advantage of the babysitter and walked further. On the way home we took a shortcut through a park and thus had to walk on a dark bike road for a few minutes. 

"Watch out!" Miles shrieked at me when a scooter turned on the bike road from the other direction. Miles stepped away from the road, but because it was dark, he accidentally stepped on the back of my shoe. There I was, hopping on one foot, trying to quickly locate the shoe before the scooter was getting too close for me to step out. After I got my shoe back on and stepped on the side, I thanked Miles for leaving me as a target. "I told you to watch out, didn't I?" he asked. "Yeah, you did at the same time you stepped on my shoe and left me hopping in the dark in front of the scooter", I answered followed by me enacting the entire situation once more. I was in no real peril at any point and the whole thing with his senseless warning (in retrospect) and my hopping around in the dark was so comical that the sound of our laughter would've probably been enough to repel the scooter driver.

Lucky for me, I think the step counter even counted my hopping.

In the bookstore with mysterious Miles. How he always manages to point out these things is really beyond me. "Het lekkerste" is Dutch for "The yummiest" in this context.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I heart enough

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

Icy rain reveals personality