Day 11: Five blessings

My children are my biggest blessing. I was lucky to get pregnant easily and have relatively easy pregnancies and deliveries, but most of all I was lucky, blessed, to get to be a mother to three such amazing individuals. Every day they make me happy, proud, excited about life, question, learn and love. They also drive me nuts, don't get me wrong, but at the end of the day when I lie down next to them when tugging them to bed and talking, I just can't believe my luck.

My husband is a blessing. Sometimes a blessing in disguise, haha. Over the years he has made me a mother, and he has helped me to figure out more of who I am. He challenges me every day, also often drives me nuts, but at the end of the day he supports me and my ideas. He is reliable, kind and funny.

My health and the health of those around me is a big, big blessing. Health is important. When it goes wrong, a lot of other things stop mattering.

Our home is a blessing. We have lived in four different rental places before we decided to stick around in the Netherlands and buy a house. Our home is spacious, new, has a relatively good location, too. It's a house that my family made into a home.

Our lifestyle is a blessing. It's surprising, multilingual, stimulating. We get to meet and talk to interesting people every day. We get to cycle when we want to go from A to B. We get to find the best possibilities and utilize them. We have choices in most of the frontiers: who we want to be, where we want to go from here, what we eat, wear, do, spend time and money on.

Today's choice was to go sleighing followed by hours at an indoor playground and a family movie night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

I heart enough

Icy rain reveals personality