February writing challenge - Day 1: 10 things that make me happy

It was night-time and quiet when I heard small steps approaching on the staircase. I could not see anyone behind the half glazed door, so I knew it was my baby. The door opened and he greeted me with sleepy eyes and a quiet nightly smile. I opened my arms, he climbed on my lap and put his head against my chest. He shook no when I asked if he needed to use the toilet, but nodded yes when I asked if he was hungry. He had red cheeks when he fell asleep earlier tonight and he didn't have much of an appetite at the dinner table. Despite it being after midnight, I was hoping he'd be willing to eat something. I wrapped him up in a blanket and told him I was going to make him a sandwich. Because he had been sleeping for hours and woke up in the middle of the night, he did not say a word. I understood him perfectly nonetheless. I knew what he meant with his look, his frown or when he blinked theatrically. After he was done with his snack, I took him in my arms and carried him to bed. He didn't protest when I said it was time to go back to sleep. He understood my point.

Also this sleepy hair makes me very, very happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

I heart enough

Icy rain reveals personality