Day 7: Something I struggle with

It wasn't easy picking a subject among the things I struggle with. At first I thought I should say I struggle with writing these short posts every day, haha. I do, it's true - it's great! Then I thought I might talk about struggling with time. Then I saw this quote:




Although none of these above apparently were mothers, I realized I would have to talk about priorities instead, and it felt unnecessary considering I spent quite a few posts in January prioritizing things.

I ended up writing a whole post about struggling with the lack of self confidence, because that's really my thing. I compare myself too much to others, even when I know I shouldn't. And because I didn't have the answer to my struggle, the post ended up being so sad that I had to ditch the whole thing. So a new one: I struggle with writing sad posts about what a loser I sometimes feel. Heck no I want to promote that feeling. It's hard enough as it is, so fuck that.

Let's elevate a little: you can always change your perspective. Some of the happiest people in the world live in some of the poorest conditions. I wonder what they would say about struggling. From my point of view though, a person struggles so they can grow or learn to let go. Step outside that comfort zone, embarrass yourself and be that unprepared Bridget Jones of your own life. Cry, loathe and then get back on the horse again. When you do that, the next time you know what to avoid and what to embrace instead. You struggle, because you are going the wrong way, or you struggle because you need to learn something. Your only job is to figure out when to let go and when to push forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

I heart enough

Icy rain reveals personality