Day 25: Area in my life that I'd like to improve

There are plenty of areas in my life I'd like to improve: I'd love to improve or acquire new skills in many areas, such as programming, writing, language (I'd like to get better in all the languages I know and I'd love to learn a few more).

I'd love to learn to play an instrument properly, maybe pick up with acting. I'd like to learn more maths, physics, maybe throw in some chemistry as well. I'd love to spend more time studying quantum mechanics, AI, the Universe and Buddhism, to name a few. I'd love to improve my knitting skills, as they are nearly non-existing. I know I would benefit a lot if I picked up public speaking, but first things first, I need to improve physically even a little bit and that's what my next monthly challenge is for.

In March I'll take upon a 30-day "flat abs" challenge just to step over my comfort zone a little. This will be the biggest challenge this year so far, because as much as I have abs, they are hidden somewhere deep down. I know I'm quite strong physically, because I have been lifting up my kids for a decade now. I can sling a 15-kilo kid on my shoulders without thinking about it too much. So the problem isn't the absence of muscles as much as their protective layer of arranged lipids.

Many people might be surprised to know that I'm actually rather comfortable with my current body. Surprised, because my body doesn't meet the western standards of beauty. Then again, I'm old enough to know even those that I'd consider having the perfect body are most likely not 100% happy with theirs, either, because humans are a bit like that. However, being comfortable doesn't mean I don't want to improve my body, but instead of setting up a huge physical challenge, I'll just start with this one thing and work from there.

So, brace yourselves. In three days I'll start doing exactly what the assignment for today asked for and I'll start improving an aspect of my life for the better.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

I heart enough

Icy rain reveals personality