Day 4: This person inspires me

There are a lot of people in my everyday life that inspire me, and then there are famous people who inspire me. My latest celebrity "crush" is Nick Bostrom, a Swedish philosopher and an author, and before him it was Stromae. But ask anybody who truly knows me and they'll tell you no one comes even close to Elon Musk what comes to admiration from my part.

Last year I read Musk's biography (by Ashlee Vance) and not so surprisingly I came to understand his choices better than just reading a bunch of articles and watching interviews. When closing the last page, it was clear to me what I could learn from him. Here are the rules I learned from Musk:
1) Always have a goal in mind and do your best to work towards it. Even if you think it's crazy, do it anyway. Even if the probability of failure is grand, do it anyway.
2) Do not give into other people's opinions about you. Actually, don't give into your own opinions about your work. If you think it's important, it will be worth the shot.
3) To excel some sacrifices need to be made.
4) Lose fear.
5) Never lose sight.


Musk has nearly bankrupted, has lived with his friends at the most desperate times, has revolutionized not only car industry, but also space exploration and don't even get me started on business building, work ethic or some other boring stuff. He has five kids (all boys), chose to do things because he thought those mattered in the grand scale and has not been afraid to say it out loud when things stopped serving him. Loyal to his style Musk is still doing great and in some respect crazy things, yet his net worth remains at a little over 13 billion US dollars. Not that the number says it all, but it surely says something and it's dedicated to those who ridiculed his ideas.

Simply put, you should just do what you thought you were set out to do. That, ladies and gentlemen, is all the inspiration I'll need.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

I heart enough

Icy rain reveals personality