Day 8: Words of wisdom that speak to me

Muhammad Ali's most famous quote undoubtedly is "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee". As classic as it is, it never really spoke to me the same way his other quote did.

"The  man  who  views  the  world  at  50  the  same  as  he  did  at  20  has  wasted  30 years of his life."

Because hell yeah, you are suppose to grow, let go and explore. You are allowed to change. As a matter of fact, you should constantly review and edit your life as it was a masterpiece. It's never too late to become better. It's never too late to forgive, forget and start over.

When I was a kid, I was a bully in the classroom. I never saw it as bullying though as much as sending forged love letters from one kid to another, but the teacher thought otherwise and confiscated my pile of written letters and plans. And of course I've done a lot of other things wrong in my life too, but I've come to realize it's okay to be human and it's only wonderful to recognize you want to think different and be a better, sculpted person.

The next quote is something Carl Jung used to talk about a lot: psychological projection. Jung used to say you'll meet yourself over and over again in life in different disguises. What you dislike about others you ultimately dislike in yourself and therefore paying attention to your thoughts and feelings is a great opportunity to understand yourself better.



The rest are a collection of random words of wisdom that I really like.






This next one I often think about when I feel I lack acknowledgment in something. The bottom line is exactly this: I don't need anyone's approval, so as long as I am in harmony with my own stuff.


The last words of wisdom that speak to me is the ultimate question that will help you to some clarity about your own inner needs and desires. A similar question is: if you figured out right now that you only had a year to live, what would you spend your time doing until the inevitable? Once you know, then simply do that now.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

I heart enough

Icy rain reveals personality