TUT 30 Day Challenge and Water Challenge - Day 16

This morning I took the kids to school and cycled five kilometers to our family doctor for my appointment, as now my month long cough turned into a weird noises emanating from my lungs. My bike was frozen, the gears weren't working. At the waiting room after sitting patiently for good 20 minutes and seeing everyone going in and out, except me, I asked the person behind the counter about my appointment. "Yes, I have it here, but it's tomorrow", she explained and continued saying she couldn't squeeze me in that day. So, tomorrow I'm doing it all over again. Kids, bike, frozen, 5km with weird lung noises. It's almost like it's becoming a ritual... which is also the task for today.

"Rituals have proven to instill peace, confidence, posturing, giving you stability in your life, particular done in the morning. Visualization every morning. Meditation", Mike Dooley explains in today's video.

I have never been a very ritualistic person, but ever since becoming a mother, I also have had to adapt a lot to provide stability in every day life. Besides taking care of the regular rituals, during last year I started a new personal morning ritual: Positive thought(s) before getting out of bed. Some mornings it's easy to do, other mornings I have to hurry out of bed, depending what the kids are up to, but nonetheless I aim to pay attention to good thoughts when I wake up.

This TUT's Love your Life 30 Days project is a ritual as well. It's usually the last thing I do before going to bed, when everyone else is sleeping and the house is quiet. I like this time of the day (night) for myself.

One area I feel I lack ritual, is meditation. It's something I easily overlook, even when I know the benefits. I will not make meditation into a ritual by continuing overlooking it, but simply by deciding to do it and actually doing it, so it's now on my list of things I am serious about improving this year.

Evening rituals include reading.


Water Challenge

Two liters down. Did not manage to raise the bar up to three liters. Maybe tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I heart enough

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

Icy rain reveals personality