TUT 30 Day Challenge and Water Challenge - Day 11

"Activity is to begin to start surrounding yourself with empowering resources: Books, DVDs, CDs, e-mails, Notes from the Universe, going to programs, workshops, hanging out with like-minded thinkers etc."

It all started by ordering a note from the Universe. Those are written by Mike Dooley, the same guy who is behind this very Love Your Life 30 Days Challenge. I subscribed for fun, but soon enough I noticed I was waiting for a new note every Monday to Friday and it usually arrived between 9:30 and 10:00 in the morning. It's always a compact message and reading it takes only a quick moment, so it soon became an email that I'd check out as soon as it arrived and continued my day with a new thought or a reminder of something essential. Today's note for example looked like this:


Because of this, I then noticed something else today, too, that I normally might've overlooked. I saw a quote somewhere that said something like "Your greatest fear offers your greatest growth." It was the first time I really thought about it so head on. Did I stay too much in comfort zone? Did I not feel enough the knot in my belly when I was about to step over comfort zone and do something or say something? I thought I had been doing it all my life, which is probably yet another comforting thought I was telling myself. I had become good at stepping over the comfort zone, but usually I had kept the door open to step back to safety when needed. I realized I wasn't challenging myself enough. I didn't really tackle any of my big fears:
Public speaking.
Taking a chance on an opportunity that I knew nothing of. 
Heck, even going back to school. 
I knew I had been putting a lot of things off my plate, despite knowing that when a person wants something, they find solutions and when they don't want something, they find excuses.

So yes, surrounding yourself with stuff that reminds me where you're going helps. Even if it's one 30 second email a day, it might just get the ball rolling.

Water Challenge

Going good. Spiced up my game today by drinking half a liter of sparkling water. Yum.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I heart enough

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

Icy rain reveals personality