TUT 30 Day Challenge and Water Challenge - Day 23

Today's task is showing gratitude. I admit, it's not always easy to be grateful. When you have been sick for a month and the antibiotics aren't working and you end up going back to the doctor only to be prescribed a stronger set of antibiotics and an inhalator, because your exhaling sounds like Darth Vader gurgling with mouth water... In my case it's bronchitis with a sound of asthma.

Yeah, it's not easy. But the great thing is that I have the chance of seeing a doctor whenever I need to see one. I'm grateful my kids' lungs were sounding normal despite their cough. I'm grateful the doctor prescribes me medicine when she sees it's important, sends me to the pharmacy where they will hand me the medicine and don't charge me. I'm grateful my doctor shows me a webpage where I have to go see an instruction video of how to use the inhalator and I'm grateful my pharmacist tells me if it's not enough, I can always go back and they'll help me through it. I'm grateful I live in a country where this level of care is the norm for everyone who needs it. I'm grateful that when my youngest had to go to the toilet while I was waiting my pharmacist, my eldest took him to the toilet. I'm grateful my husband took tomorrow off, so he can take care of everything I normally take care of. I'm grateful the medicine seems to be working. I'm grateful that despite the challenges lately with my lungs, my oxygen intake is at 98%. I'm grateful my kid fell asleep on my lap today. I'm grateful I got something done today I had promised to get done by tomorrow. I'm grateful for the sunshine. I'm grateful for friends. I'm grateful for the great dinner my husband, daughter and I cooked together today. I am grateful for so many things. At the moment I just really have to remind myself to be grateful.


I took this picture on my way to the doctor's this week.


Water Challenge

Becoming an actual challenge. I'm forgetting to drink enough again. I'm currently at 1,5 liters for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I heart enough

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

Icy rain reveals personality