TUT 30 Day Challenge and Water Challenge - Day 8

It's time to come up with a new narrative.


Today's activity on the Love Your Life 30 Days Challenge is to identify and change a story you've been telling way too long. Because this is so personal, on this public post I'm taking an easy way out and go with a somewhat silly dream from childhood.

I was around ten years when the first Finnish rappers started making music in my native language. I was instantly in love. I took a notepad and I wrote my own lyrics. My brother and his friends said they'd film my music video and so we did, but they did it so they could show it to their friends and have a good laugh. My parents thought rap was silly (without knowing about this incident with my brother and his friends though - I was too embarrassed to tell). Not enough encouragement under my wings I simply stopped my hobby and never looked back.

I have blamed people and circumstances growing up for not supporting enough, because who knows what I could've become if only... But now it's time to own the decision. The truth is, and as much as it hurts to admit, if I was meant to do that I would've kept on going despite the ridicule. I didn't become a rapper, but I'm extremely grateful for the lesson: I learned that it's crucial to notice, appreciate and support people. My kids will hopefully have it better thanks to this experience and that's just priceless.

Water Challenge

Nothing new under the Sun. Although today I've been reading about giants bodies of water floating in space. Hah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I heart enough

I removed all of my Instagram followers to feel free to be authentically me

Icy rain reveals personality